Subject: [Leica] Leica Announcement (before the official announcement)
From: carlmuck at verizon.net (Carl Muckenhirn)
Date: Fri Nov 24 09:10:36 2006

I'm a little confused as to why this can't be fixed in software/
firmware. If the sensor is sensitive in the IR range it is just
recording light levels and writing them out as bits. Are these values
the same as those for light recorded in the visible spectrum, or are
we seeing software the renders those recorded values "incorrectly"?

Is the sensor really a "12 bit" sensor? is the problem that the
output formats from the camera are 8 bit?

c.