Subject: [Leica] OT - Best PC Setup for Photoshop Question
From: wlarsen at ocsnet.net (Wiilliam Larsen, AICP)
Date: Wed Nov 22 21:17:43 2006

I pretty much concur with Hoppy on his specifications.  I would stress
that you have a second hard drive in the computer since having the Win
scratch disk and the Photoshop scratch disk on the same drive does not
always work well.  I typically have Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver,
Excel, notepad, IRC, a memory hogging mapping program (ArcMap), and
Firefox open at the same time.  As to monitors, I use a matched pair of
19 inch monitors (bigger would be better, but there are some $$$ trade
offs necessary).  You can drag the tool bars, etc. to the second monitor
and have the photos you are working on an unobscured full screen. For
personal use, I usually buy Dell Refurbs that come closest to what I
need (if you do this, watch the prices over time as they can really vary).

Regards, Bill Larsen
Terra Bella, CA