Subject: [Leica] Rockport Leica Seminar - M8 Impressions
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun Oct 29 06:25:40 2006

Steve Unsworth offered:
Subject: Re: [Leica] Rockport Leica Seminar - M8 Impressions

> Tina, if it's any consolation it works the other way too. I've been  using
> a Canon 5D almost exclusively for the last 12 months or so and  recently
> put a roll of film through my R8. The only problem was that  I kept
> forgetting to wind on the film :-)
>
> I'm looking forward to getting my hands on an M8, possibly like  yourself
> I currently use digital SLRs for their convenience, what I  want is a high
> quality rangefinder to use again.<<<<

Hi Steve,
Well me old son when you get an M8 in hand you'll have your high quality
rangefinder camera!

Anyone accustomed to an M camera will automatically feel like they're back
to a real camera, or certainly like an M solid feel in hand. All the years
of using M cameras comes flooding back, quite amazing as Tina and myself
talked about this intuitive sensation after using the camera.

If there's any difficulty. ;-) It's moving your right thumb to advance film
each time you shoot! ;-) and finding nothing there! You get over it quite
shortly, but who cares with a machine like this to work with.:-)

ted

Replies: Reply from rmcclure2 at woh.rr.com (Rob McClure) ([Leica] Epson R-D1 vs. M8?)
Message from images at infoave.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Rockport Leica Seminar - M8 Impressions)
Message from lug at steveunsworth.co.uk (Steve Unsworth) ([Leica] Rockport Leica Seminar - M8 Impressions)