Subject: [Leica] Rockport Leica Seminar - M8 Impressions
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sat Oct 28 20:49:14 2006

Tina offered:
Subject: Re: [Leica] Rockport Leica Seminar - M8 Impressions

>>> Ted's lectures were wonderful, as usual.  I hope he'll forgive me for
> taking the M8 away from him ;-) <<<

Guys you've got to know this fine southern lady who expressing softly
says.... "Do you want this M8 back?" Then smiles beautifully, you wilt like
a wet blanket and say..... "Oh no not at all just keep it!" ;-)

Like, "how in heck could you say anything different?" Even though yer
salivating like a wet eared goat to get it back in yer hands? :-)

Trust me, far more was learned for everyone with Tina's use than you'd ever
have got from me. I had it for most of the previous day before she arrived,
that was until she smiled and asked... "Oh is that the M8?" Smiled, put out
her hand and that was the last I saw of the M8! ;-)

My technical response? Heck it's just another version of an M camera and if
you like using an M you'll love this one, if for no other reason you don't
have to buy film! ;-) Anything I shot looked great. Did I have time to make
prints or any kind of enlargements? No!

Do I feel it's worth the $5000.00 plus? Yes and no. Yes if you can afford it
economically and comfortably! And without question one who appreciates the
moment of hesitation while assessing a motivating moment of composition,
light and subject before pressing the shutter release that is only acquired
by using an M camera. No, if you don't understand what I'm talking about!

If money is no object you are going to be laughing all the way to the bank
with fine looking photos! If you use an M camera and are a regular shooter
there isn't any question you will order one! Those of us who've used M
cameras for years, without a doubt will fall to the Sirens song!

Shortly after Tina took my M8 away, ;-) actually I gave it up willingly to
her smile and talent. ;-) I asked her what she thought? Her response was the
same feeling I had .... "it makes you feel like a photographer! Something
you do not feel with any DSLR you've ever had in yer hands."  Once again if
you don't understand this feeling then you don't  know what an M camera is
all about!

>>> Ted's lectures were wonderful, as usual.<<<

Tina my dear you are more than kind, as I was a wreck inside most of the
time, certainly far beyond the normal stage jitters of going before one's
associates in the past! Probably helped in the not trashing side of the
critiques! ;-)

So thank you very much. :-)

ted

Message from images at infoave.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Rockport Leica Seminar - M8 Impressions)