Subject: [Leica] using your powers for good instead of evil
From: michiel.fokkema at wanadoo.nl (Michiel Fokkema)
Date: Sat Oct 28 13:57:22 2006

Richard wrote:
> Come on, Michiel, you can't compare things like that. I mean, why don't
> we just collectively sell all our Leica gears to donate it to the kids
> in Sudan or something. Yes, lots of animals and people need help, it's
> up to us as individual to open our hearts to the causes that we deem fit.

Off course, everybody should do his share of charity. I just think the
cost should be in proportion to the benefit. In this case I don't think
it is.
That Kyle is supporting by making photographs is absolutely legitimate
and his effort is in proportion to the benefit. But $2000 for a simple
procedure on a cat is outrageous.

Cheers,

Michiel Fokkema

Replies: Reply from walt at waltjohnson.com (Walt Johnson) ([Leica] using your powers for good instead of evil)