Subject: [Leica] using your powers for good instead of evil
From: kcassidy at asc.upenn.edu (Kyle Cassidy)
Date: Sat Oct 28 06:33:19 2006

I must admit -- I've used my photography to promote some pretty questionable
and frivolous things in the past. But last night I was able to asuage some
of that political karma by photographing a six week old kitten who needs
surgery.

The kind folks at city kitties (www.citykitties.org
<http://www.citykitties.org> ) are trying to raise $2,000 so that this
little charmer

http://www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/cassidy/lj/2006/kabuki.jpg
<http://www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/cassidy/lj/2006/kabuki.jpg>

can have her right front leg amputated. She was most likely hit by a car and
her leg is severely damaged, to the point of being irreperabe. A good soul
found her outside of a restaurant in the trendy neighborhood of Mannyunk, a
Philadelphia sububrb, yowling for attention and couldn't walk on past. Her
front leg doesn't work and has gotten an infection from her dragging it as
she walks in the spot where her skin has rubbed off. She's super friendly
and the whole time I was photographing her she kept running up to me as fast
as three legs could carry her so that I could pet her and make a fuss.

After her photo shoot, she just wanted to be carried around by everybody,
purring like a little engine. here she is with the boyfriend of the vet
who's going to do the surgery:

http://www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/cassidy/lj/2006/kabuki2.jpg
<http://www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/cassidy/lj/2006/kabuki2.jpg>

if any of you find yourselves powerfully moved by my photography or suddenly
regretting that you'd done promotional work for some major corporation that
bulldozed an orphanage to make way for a country club for executives, city
kitties is accepting paypal donations to info@citykitties.org
<mailto:info@citykitties.org>

they also have two kittens who are each going to need surgery to have an eye
removed -- they were found in a bag in a dumpster just a few blocks from my
house and are, according to city kitties, at the moment too gruesome to be
photographed.

keep pushing that shutter button, it'll come unstuck,

kyle

Replies: Reply from rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig) ([Leica] using your powers for good instead of evil)
Reply from michiel.fokkema at wanadoo.nl (Michiel Fokkema) ([Leica] using your powers for good instead of evil)