Subject: [Leica] kittens, landmines, children, and where you spend your money
From: kcassidy at asc.upenn.edu (Kyle Cassidy)
Date: Sat Oct 28 23:36:07 2006

i'm sure from time to time we all experience things that move us emotionally
and personaly -- this happened to me in romania when i met some of the kids
living in the sewers there. the lug ralled and, if i remember correctly, we
raised four thousand dollars to try and help. i'm also a sucker for a kitten
in need.

as artists and storytellers we -- everyone here -- has the power and maybe
even the obligation to try and make the world a better place. whether $2,000
is better spent on landmine victims i'll leave for people to decide on their
own. but i hope that everybody here will, from time to time, try and help
something out -- children, kittens, whatever -- with your images, with your
time, with your dedication and make the world a little better for your
presence on it each day.