Subject: [Leica] london
From: nathan at nathanfoto.com (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sun Oct 15 22:01:21 2006

Well, they have to do something to replace the lost revenue from the
phones. I once (early 90s) worked in the AT&T business unit that dealt
with hotels. Back then, for many lower-priced hotels and motels, the
revenue from the in-room telephones was a very significant source of
profit. This has dried up now that everyone has their mobile phone. So
wifi is the next best thing.

At the Holiday Inn Express in London I paid 5 pounds for 2 hours of
access (which did not need to be used in one go). More expensive than
using an internet cafe for sure, but well worth the convenience of using
my own computer.

Nathan