Subject: [Leica] Re: B&W only version of M8 - anyone else hear this?
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Tue Oct 3 09:25:44 2006

Well the RAW b&w image would be an entirely different beastie than the
color version since there is no need to integrate the bayer pattern
(or whatever is used) of color sensors together to make an individual
pixel. The RAW from a B&W sensor would BE the image although you could
do various tasks to it after it were retrieved from the camera.

It depends on the geometry used for the sensor.

Still, it's an exciting prospect.

AB