Subject: [Leica] film vs. digital in my brain.
From: philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent)
Date: Wed Sep 27 13:14:27 2006

I was in a similar situation.
I enjoy both. In 35mm (or its digital equivalent) I prefer analog
when I want to deliberately slow down my pace and take more pensative
shots (I don't like the darkroom and scanning, though: that's too
slow), and use digital when I'm in a snapping away mood. Different
results, without any personal preference. Must be because I don't
have a definite signature. Or because I love to explore.
But no bulky SLR's or DSLR's for me: of the about 40 camera's I
bought and sold these last 2 years, only 1 was a SLR (a Nikon F2)
that I kept for just one roll.
So where does that leave me? With unobtrusive small cameras, manual
or semi-automatic. Thus with rangefinders. Thus with Leica, because I
want real quality and good interchangable lenses, and love (and feel)
the fact that they're handmade.
Maybe I should try an M8. I sure feel tempted. Sadly enough my wallet
doesn't like to support that temptation. Yet...

Philippe

Op 27-sep-06, om 21:08 heeft Philip Forrest het volgende geschreven: