Subject: [Leica] film vs. digital in my brain.
From: ericm at pobox.com (Eric)
Date: Thu Sep 28 16:44:42 2006

Philip:

>The digital DOES have a few issues
>that I don't like: warm up time, battery life, the crop factor and a small
>viewfinder.

Those aren't drawbacks of digital.  Those are drawbacks of digital P&S
cameras.

My 5D starts instantly.  The battery is good for a couple thousand raw
images (roughly 24 gig).  The crop factor is 1.  A 35 lens is a 35.  The
viewfinder is no smaller than other viewfinders.

I can't quite convince myself to sell my M6 even though I'm using it less
and less.  It's just hard to let go.  It's actually an M6TTL.  Leica had
problems with some models eating batteries.  So I'll wait and let somebody
else do the beta testing before I jump on the M8 ship.

Digital is easier.  Anybody can do it.  Just like 35mm opened up photography
to the masses and made everybody experts.  If you're not shooting on glass
plates, are you *really* making photographs?  :)

--
Eric
http://canid.com/

Replies: Reply from bd at bdcolenphoto.com (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] film vs. digital in my brain.)
Reply from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] film vs. digital in my brain.)