Subject: [Leica] Professional Leica Users?
From: scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin)
Date: Thu Sep 21 16:07:50 2006

Most restaurants serve up dogfood and the "chefs" care little about
it. The analogy applies equally to most paid photographers.

Here's a case in point.

My fine art buddy is taking on some documentary jobs to pay the
bills. We were talking about workflow, and we quickly converged
on the same basic approach:  these new commercial clients deserve
a workflow that is as fast and as cheap as practical.  Gallery clients
get a workflow that is super sensitive to color (because that's super
important); they sometimes like LF chromes anyway. For his own
art work, the skies the limit and workflow still TBD.

And this is from a guy who regularly sweats bullets for days/weeks
over a single print.

He bought my D70 and accessories as a backup.  But he shoots
Mamiya/Linhoff MF/LF for his fine art work.

Scott