Subject: [Leica] Re: iBook, PowerBook, MacBook
From: davison_m at msn.com (MARK DAVISON)
Date: Tue Sep 19 06:29:42 2006

I have recently purchased a MacBook Pro.

I would have to say that in my experience the Mac computers are going
through a difficult transition to the Intel processor.

In particular, to use a third party device like a printer or scanner, you
may have to run third party software which has not been updated to natively
support the Intel processor.

Older Power PC software runs under an emulation system called Rosetta.  My
experience is that not all such third party software is reliable under
Rosetta.

My worst experience has been with an HP 3210 "all-in-one" printer/scanner,
whose software ran under Rosetta but would hang up the computer.  HP
recently updated that software for the Intel processor and all is well.

So far I have not found Intel processor versions of Epson RAW and Nikon
Capture.

Despite the snarky Mac vs. PC adds, some Japanese cameras are currently more
intimate with the Windows machine.

Mark Davison