Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica] M8 lens dilemma
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Mon Sep 11 16:48:59 2006

Marty, I understand what you have said regarding telecentricity. It always
sounds odd that lenses for a smaller image circle are not
necessarily smaller. Digital sensors need a big breakthrough to mimic the
behaviour of film. I mean regarding acceptance angle. Not
an anti digital comment.

Regarding fast wide angles and current M glass, except for the 21, really
the available lens speed/angle options are not affected by
the change to the 1.3 "crop factor". Of course we may all need a second
mortgage for that new wide Elmar thingie and its finder.

Cheers
Hoppy