Subject: [Leica] Re:Skin tone - film vs. digital (not a debate)
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Mon Sep 4 08:21:16 2006

Jayanand Govindaraj wrote:
>Any guy wanting to use Leica R lenses would logically do so on a Canon
>body, which gives him overall maximum flexibility.<<<

Douglas Herr responded:
> Jayanand I'm sure you have logical reasons for making such a statement but
> photography for me is not about spec sheets or feature comparison.  For me
> photography is about what I feel about my subjects and how that emotion is
> reflected in my prints.  The hardware either helps me achieve that goal or
> it's gone.<<<

Hi Doug,
And this is exactly how I've felt these many years.

>>> For me photography is about what I feel about my subjects and how that
> emotion is reflected in my prints.  The hardware either helps me achieve
> that goal or it's gone.<<<

It's what it's all about in our work, "no it isn't work, never has been and
never will be!" It's a wonderful emotional adventure everytime you put the
camera to your eye!

It's about seeing, feeling and putting those emotions onto film, pixels or
whatever comes along. The equipment has never been anything but a "capture
method" without any thought other than just that.

Using a Leica for any other reason than it's the best damn tool for the way
I shoot is asinine! As I know it is for many others who are professional and
amateur shooters.

You, I and many others, pay a high price for using the right tools on the
right job for the greatest possibility of a successful shoot. And it has
nothing to do with a status symbol or any other.

Jayanand explain please:
>Any guy wanting to use Leica R lenses would logically do so on a Canon
>body,which gives him overall maximum flexibility.<<<

How and why does it or would it be?  Careful now, as I use this system with
some experience so please keep it KISS. Thank you.

ted

Message from telyt at telus.net (David Young) ([Leica] Re:Skin tone - film vs. digital (not a debate))
Message from jgovindaraj at eth.net (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] Re:Skin tone - film vs. digital (not a debate))
Message from scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin) ([Leica] Re:Skin tone - film vs. digital (not a debate))