Subject: [Leica] astronomy anti-light pollution question
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun Sep 3 09:33:56 2006

Eric Korenman asked

> Gather all for an odd question:
>
> An amateur astronomer friend asked called me this morning to ask for
> advice.
> The street light on his corner is giving him problems observing the night
> sky.<<<,,,,,

Eric,
Tell him to drive out of town? city? to the country where he wont have any
"city night lights !"

It can't get any simpler than that.

Other than your suggestion of "pellet gun!" I don't recommend that as a
solution either. And covering it could also get him in trouble with "city
bylaw" folks also.

Besides out in the country eliminates in many cases the city "air polution"
which scatters city lights through the atmosphere.

ted

Replies: Reply from faneuil at gmail.com (Eric Korenman) ([Leica] astronomy anti-light pollution question)