Subject: [Leica] NOW : FINGER SAUSAGES. :-(
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Mon Sep 4 08:41:15 2006

Eric offered:
Subject: Re: [Leica] NOW : FINGER SAUSAGES. :-(

Ted said:
>>But if one has over half a century of learning why not pass that
>>experience
>>on to make the way easier for fellow photographers?<<<

Eric responded
> I've said this to you before, Ted, but it bears repeating.
>
> Thank you.  Thank you so much for all the wisdom and experiences you've
> shared here on the LUG.  I really wish I had the pleasure of meeting you
> in
> person, but even if that never happens, I've learned more ways to improve
> my photography from reading your critiques than from any other single
> source.
> If nothing else, I'll always remember "shoot from the shadow side."  I've
> yet to come across a more simple way to describe Rembrandt lighting.  It
> finally clicked for me when I kept seeing examples you posted, along with
> the words you wrote.

Thank you Eric very much appreciated. If people remember me for no other
reason than "shoot from the shadow side" I can't think of anything more
fitting.

Dr. Sir William Osler's epitaph. "I taught students in the wards."  Is so
descriptive of what he did throughout his medical life I thought this would
be mine, that is if I go!;-)  "Shoot from the shadow side." ;-)

Thanks again for your most kind remarks.
ted

Replies: Reply from telyt at earthlink.net (Douglas Herr) ([Leica] NOW : FINGER SAUSAGES. :-()
Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] NOW : FINGER SAUSAGES. :-()
Message from ericm at pobox.com (Eric) ([Leica] NOW : FINGER SAUSAGES. :-()