Subject: Was: [Leica] Interesting 50mm variation now eBay
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Wed Aug 2 23:48:08 2006

Ric, there are certainly anti-fraud measures. As you would expect it is a
priority.
Really I'd suggest you just go to the site and have a good read. You can
browse and read as much as you like, without even signing up for a free
account. Then make your own evaluation.

A quick Google tells me that there were 105 million users in 2004.
I've seen an attempt at fraud probably every couple of months in the areas I
look at. Just like you get phishing attempts to your e-mail account or
whatever. Like all commerce you need to be sensible and aware.
Probably I'm getting a bit OT here. By all means drop me a line off list if
you have questions.

I love it, I've had great experiences, the postman knows my first name, I've
saved hundreds and finally, sadly, my wife has now opened her own account
and is getting awfully keen.....sigh.

Ultimately, no matter anyone else's opinion or advice, it's YOUR money and
you need to be comfortable. Just don't outbid me on Leica glass if you join
up.

Cheers
Hoppy