Subject: [Leica] Just curious
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Sat Jul 29 05:30:54 2006

Fair go, Brian. It is always the seller's choice. But it sounds like we are
reading about US Post Office inefficiencies, not problems caused by buyers
who don't live in the US of A.
 As always, the seller can choose who they wish to offer their item to.
As always the keen and genuine European, Asian or Aussie buyer will sigh and
pass on to the next auction if they can't bid on the first item. No question
you guys have the bulk of the market. There's a bunch of potential buyers
elsewhere as well. Your call if you want to trade. Not terribly polite
though, to consider if you want to "waste half an hour" to trade with us
foreigners! I'm sure you didn't mean to be rude.

Me, I've sent several thousand dollars to various US and Canadian company
and individual sellers over the last couple of years (amongst others) and
uniformly dealt with genuine and friendly people. All of those fine folk
have been paid quickly and without dispute. At this end the items have
arrived quickly and the transactions were without problems. I have ignored
several fraudulent offers that arrived. Just as every savvy trader will do.

Cheers
Hoppy, de-facto champion of the global community.