Subject: [Leica] Das Boot - Leica Sighting
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Thu Jul 27 23:33:25 2006

You have motivated me to get Das Boot out of the cupboard and watch again.
Wasn't there another submarine movie where the U boat commander does the
obligatory dive to near crush depth with the scary creaks and groans from
the hull. Then he turns to a crew member and says something like "They build
them good in Germany, eh Hans?"
In a desperate attempt to rescue this from OT, that makes me think of the
Leica RFs as well.

Cheers
Hoppy
(who served for a time in a P3C Orion maritime patrol squadron)
"They're not submarines; they're all contacts to be prosecuted"

Message: 25