Subject: [Leica] M7 jam...
From: schneiderpix at mac.com (Robert Schneider)
Date: Thu May 25 12:19:33 2006

The erratic frame spacing issue sounds like a faulty wind head gear/
clutch assembly.  I had a similar problem years ago with my M6.
Another sign of the clutch mechanism failing is if, on a series of
full advances -- advance, fire, advance, fire, etc. -- the wind lever
doesn't end up in the same spot over frame counter.  Sherry Krauter
repaired mine by replacing the assembly with an M4 wind head gear/
clutch assembly.  It's been dandy ever since.  Total was a little
over $200 in 2001.

Seems like my camera has been almost rebuilt from the ground up,
however -- wind head gear, clutch, back door switch mechanism for
setting ISO, replaced upper light shield, replaced lower light
shield, replaced rangefinder frame spring, etc., etc.

rs

Replies: Reply from clzeni at mindspring.com (Craig Zeni) ([Leica] M7 jam...)
Message from faneuil at gmail.com (Eric Korenman) ([Leica] M7 jam...)
Message from r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard S. Taylor) ([Leica] M7 jam...)