Subject: [Leica] Speaking of cars...
From: joseph at yao.com (Joseph Yao)
Date: Mon May 1 08:09:41 2006

Congratulations, Jim!  It's D-day (delivery day) for your M5.

The E60 M5 is a mightily fine car.  One of my best friends has one in Hong
Kong and I had much fun playing with it last week.

I was shopping for a new car to replace my E46 M3 a few months ago (sold to
a fellow LUGger here, OT!) and the new M5 was on my shopping list.
Unfortunately, BMW HK want close to US$200,000 (well equipped though) for
it, thus I opted for a 997 Carrera 4S for a few dollars more, and I don't
need four seats.  It is due to arrive on May 17 and the wait has been a
torture.

One word about the E60 M5 - the car is perfect in every way but I thought
its brakes could be firmer and less fade resistant.  I later found out it is
a two-piston design.  I had the same issue with my M3 which benefited
enormously from upgrading to a 6-piston front and 4-piston rear big brake
kit from AP Racing:

http://www.apracing.com

The stopping power of AP brakes is phenomenal and is only bettered, under
certain circumstances, by PCCB - Porsche ceramic composite brakes.

Enjoy your new M5 - do you have a Leica M5 finished in the same colour to
mach your new car?  I had a Leica M3 painted in Phoenix Yellow Metallic to
match my BMW M3!

Bests,

Joseph