Subject: [Leica] A close call to be sure
From: joseph at yao.com (Joseph Yao)
Date: Mon May 1 08:10:09 2006

I concur.  My house happens to be some 450m above sea level and is among the
highest in Hong Kong.  It is badly affected by lightening.  Last Sunday
there was over 3,000 lightening strikes in under three hours.

I have over a dozen of UPS in the house, not so much for the power outages
but like Don said, UPS is the best surge protector I have used.  And believe
me, I have tired rather a lot over the years.

Joseph