Subject: [Leica] Lympa Log - new photos just posted
From: bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Thu Apr 13 07:10:20 2006

Gary,I think these photos show both the strength a pitfalls of shooting with
a superwide - be it the the outstanding Oly 14-28 (35 equiv) or the Cosina
15 or 12:

The shot of the airplane is wonderful, and would only be possible with the
superwide. But to my eye the others are just, well, wide, but for what
purpose. The interior train photo, for instance, would benefit by your being
closer, or the lens being longer - probably the latter because you were
probably plenty close with that lens. :-); the exterior scenic brings up the
flare problem - it's tough to avoid with so wide a lens pointed anywhere
near a bright light source. But again, the photo of the wing and prop is
really neat, and shows what one of these lenses can do in the hands of
someone who knows what they're doing.

B. D.