Subject: [Leica] Re: Apple laptop keyboards
From: bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Thu Apr 13 04:49:20 2006

Sonny, for some reason your response jarred the neurons I've been trying to
kick-start for the past couple days, and I was able to remember who made the
guts of that Kaypro keyboard, and a number of other good ones: Keytronic!
And speaking of writing on the Kaypro - when a number of us at Newsday
bought them, a friend who would eventually become the paper's computer
writer and I fiddled with WordStar - remember WordStar? - and came up with a
loadable set of commands so that the keyboard was reasonably close to a
clone of the paper's Atex system (the original, thick, Atex keyboards were
great). We were, for abt. 5 minutes, convinced we'd make a fortune somehow
marketing the fix, along with stick on key lables, but as it was really
someone else's software, and was short lived, it was not to be. :-)
___
Sent with SnapperMail
www.snappermail.com