Subject: [Leica] a vicious bitch in the French Quarter
From: jsmith342 at cox.net (Jeffery Smith)
Date: Wed Apr 12 16:14:07 2006

It fared very, very badly indeed. Sonny's old apartment building was right
next to the canal, on Orleans street, and it didn't get too much water. But
Harrison Avenue was under about 8 feet of water, and my church near the
corner of Robert E. Lee and Canal Blvd got about 12-15 feet. Unlike the
lower 9th ward, the water levels rose very slowly, so the damage was all
just flood damage. No breakaway barges in Lakeview.

Jeffery Smith
New Orleans, LA
http://www.400tx.com