Subject: [Leica] Wildly Off OT - Deep Fryers
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Tue Mar 28 16:03:23 2006

At 6:22 PM +0200 3/28/06, bruce wrote:
>Greg, how big are the halibut? They range, apparently, from 2 - 20
>+++++ kilos?
>
>Do you skin it, fillet it, egg and bread-crumb it ...............
>and then in the fat ............... or?
>
>B.
>
>On 20-mrt-2006, at 13:00, Walt Johnson wrote:
>
>>Would a/* Fry Daddy*/ fit the bill. Even find them at Wal Mart.
>>
>>Walt
>>
>>GREG LORENZO wrote:
>>
>>>We had beer batter halibut and french fries for dinner tonight. We
>>>had to use the deep fryer that Noah used on the Arc. If I manage
>>>to do some halibut fishing this year we are going to have more
>>>fish frying in the near future.
>>>
>>>Can anyone suggest a good modern replacement deep fryer for home use?
>>>
>>>Regards,
>>>
>>>Greg

West Coast halibut can get up to and over 300kg. That size is getting
hard to find.

Some docks used to have signs on them warning fishermen not to haul
large halibut into their (small) boats, as they can lie, apparently
lifeless, for over an hour in the bottom. Then, with one whack of
their tail, they can destroy the boat.

Fishermen have had to be rescued, and some have drowned from this
type of halibut revenge.

--
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design