Subject: [Leica] Re:Tilly hats
From: bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Sat Mar 25 05:07:42 2006

I discovered the Tilley hat - complete with cute little brass bug screens
for the grommets from L. L. Bean - before going to Somalia 16 (!) years ago
and have been wearing one ever since. They are as essentially indestructible
as Ms - well, more so actually, in that you can run them over, drop them
from serious heights, run them through the washer, etc. etc. - repel
down-pours, and do everything a utility hat needs to and more. However, no
matter how I shape the damn thing, no matter how I wear it, I will have to
admit I think it makes me, and anyone else who wears one, look like a total
doofus. More to the point, it makes anyone who wears one, whatever their age
or sex, look like a total OLD doofus with hair growing out of his ears. :-)

On the other hand, when you have to protect your head from the elements, and
need an indestructible hat to do it with, there's not allot of choice -
especially if you're a LUGer.

B. D.

(photo to follow)