Subject: [Leica] Sailing Shots
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard S. Taylor)
Date: Tue Feb 14 12:49:30 2006

Definitely time for a reef.  Any dinghy sailor knows that keeping the
boat flat is the way to go upwind fastest.

I don't know what is done elsewhere, but around here in these
conditions it's not uncommon in boats this size to compromise upwind
speed to avoid having to shake out the reef when you get to the
weather mark - and maybe put it back in for the next weather leg.

It's a question of crew capability and safety - and how much fun you
want to have vs. how much you want to win.

Dick