Subject: [Leica] Another 18 photos from the Lower 9th Ward
From: jsmith342 at cox.net (Jeffery Smith)
Date: Sun Feb 5 06:54:50 2006

New Orleans is different from any other place I've been. When there is a
minor accident on the freeway, we have to leave the cars where they are,
making thousands of people sit and wait for the police to arrive (if they
can get there through the gridlock). We are also known as "The City That
Care Forgot", and this situation shows how true that is. The last time I was
out there shooting, I saw (1) people taking pictures, (2) a tour bus, and
(3) a guy stealing copper wire. Water still flows out from broken water
pipes under flattened houses.

Jeffery Smith
New Orleans, LA
http://www.400tx.com