Subject: [Leica] Jeffery PAW - Week 4 - Lower 9th Ward Church
From: jsmith342 at cox.net (Jeffery Smith)
Date: Sat Feb 4 16:11:25 2006

It's pretty easy to get good shots when 100 square miles of the city have
been under water for 2-4 weeks. ;-)

Jeffery Smith
New Orleans, LA
http://www.400tx.com

Sonc said:

How can I say this without sounding weird?  Jeffery is one of my  best
friends. We live 250 miles away from each other, but talk to each other
regularly
on the phone, and have gotten together many times. He has been a guest  in
my
home, and I hope it happens more.  My family and my cats and my  dog are
fond
of him.

That said, the pictures are technically competent as I would expect of
Jeffery.  He has captured  moments that you who are living in a  situation
of
normalcy cannot imagine.  The church shot ranks as one of the  best I have
seen in
the record of New Orleans.

I want to tell you though,  any of you could pull out your point and  shoot
and achieve this level of documentation on the devastation of that
wonderful
city.  Unfortunately, it once were the details that made the  picture of New

Orleans vivid.  Today it is the wide shot, and there is no  camera that can
do
that.  If you get a chance, please Google images  "Lakeview Katrina."
You'll
see what I mean.

New Orleans needs help, and if you have any political clout with a
Congressman or a Senator, I urge you to email the church shot to  them.
Ask them if
they have visited the Gulf Coast.  If they  haven't, say  "why?"

Thanks and

Regards,
Sonny
http://www.sonc.com