Subject: [Leica] Jeffery PAW - Week 4 - Lower 9th Ward Church
From: jsmith342 at cox.net (Jeffery Smith)
Date: Sun Feb 5 07:01:03 2006

The second batch (shot with the Tri-Elmar) was taken on a very bright,
cloudless day. The weather man said "cloudy with a thunderstorm at noon",
but it was blindingly bright with a thunderstorm at 5:00 pm. I'm having a
real problem with blocked up shadows and blown highlights. I'm hoping for
some clouds next week. Or I'll plan to get out there late in the afternoon.

I sense that Sonny doesn't see "art" in these shots, but that really wasn't
my intent. I haven't been looking for clever angles and artistic framing
when doing so sacrifices what is in the picture. I really intended this to
be what the LUG members asked for...a photographic record of what happened,
something for posterity. I never saw the aftermath of hurricane Betty in
pictures, so I decided to make this more of a photojournalism gig than an
art gig.

But I may take a Texas Leica out there when I've finished this project.
There probably are some artsy things I could do.

Jeffery Smith
New Orleans, LA
http://www.400tx.com