Subject: [Leica] Re:kodachrome NOW VOLUNTEERS!!! :-) - now paid mercenaries!
From: bruce at ralgo.nl (bruce)
Date: Wed Feb 1 13:45:57 2006

As has been said, welcome to The Netherlands ..................

to enjoy excellent haring, paling (smoked eel) plus a myriad of other
delights from the North Sea, home-grown free-range (small, 'cos we
don't have much land) chicks and pigs, lamb ............. and of
course milk and cheese ............... fruit and vegetables, grown in
glass-houses and tended day and night (mostly automatically), perfect
in size and colour ............ but low in flavor (compared to our
latin neighbours' market produce).

to drink, we have water (preferably from Belgium), genever ( a sort
of Dutch korn), beer to suit all tastes (and if you want still more
selection, imports arrive from Belgium, Spain, Italy, Indonesia,
Japan ........ etc. etc.), arguably the largest selection of
affordable wines in ............. certainly Europe and North
America ............. arriving from the four corners of the globe.

to decorate, visit the world's largest auction centers for cut-
flowers and plants ............ and local pricing enabling even the
humblest of families the possibility of a large "bunch" in a vase,
every week!

to mobility, an airport network spans the country ............... and
from Amsterdam daily to almost anywhere in the world. The largest
port in Europe to move goods in and out and then by air, road, rail
and water to wherever. A train service which, altho' beleaguered,
works pretty well (apart from the crazy investment in a trillion ?$?
project to put high-speed trains to Hamburg ........... and partially
underground ........... instead of ensuring the road network is safe
and sufficient till 2020)!

to recreation, the known districts of the major cities are
internationally know for their coffee shops, red-light districts,
restaurants, bars, escort clubs ............ but there are also
chateaux, game parks, zoos (great layout and selection of animals),
royal palaces, musea holding many of the wonders of the world
(Vermeer, van Gogh, Rubens, Rembrandt,
Mesdag ...........) ............ over 600 of them!

to reside, you must realise that this is a very small country with
little land and insufficient housing to cover the needs of the
populus (government view ............ but it's been fine for many
years, a bit cramped maybe, but ...............) BUT, three
penthouses next to each other and a large work surface in the cellar
(to look-after possible chemical leaks) is almost not possible. There
might be a solution tho' ..................

can you all imagine three house-boats linked together by gang-
planks ................. each with about 60 m2 of living space:
living area, two bedrooms, kitchen, shower area (don't need baths)
and a fourth for the processing equipment. Dwelling in the heart of,
say Amsterdam, running water, electricity and sewage removal, from
the city, coupled to your premises. Direct access to most of the
above-mentioned living needs.

and the chemicals (from the processing stations) ............ well
water could be pumped from the canal, used fluids .......... returned
to the canal (not allowed, but .... ), accidental occurances would
have water in abundance to quell most traumas .............. and
you'd be living in inverted penthouses.

but finally, you have to understand that you will live under-
water ............. not an aquarius, but simply because this is a
country under the level of the sea, kept afloat by a highly complex
and semi-automated pumping systems which, together with ingeniously
constructed control barriers, maintains  the sea waters outside the
land and recovered land masses.

Problem solved? I don't do the financial bit!

Additions and suggestions welcome,
B.