Subject: [Leica] Re:kodachrome NOW VOLUNTEERS!!! :-) - now paid mercenaries!
From: sethrosner at nycap.rr.com (Seth Rosner)
Date: Wed Feb 1 06:18:22 2006

Now waitaminit, mon tres cher ami Ted, we need to do a little negotiating.

> Seth mon ami,
> In the Netherlands is quite OK, no problem at all, good food and beer! ;-)
> Now about the accommodation? The requirements are 3 penthouse suites

OK.

>with running everything, maids, butlers, cooks

NO. Not acceptable. One maid to do all three penthouses on a regular
rotating basis; one cook to do meals for the three of you and your
respective and respectable spouses, mates and others; sorry, you shall have
to breakfast, (lunch on your own) and dine together, though each of you (you
three, this does not include your respective and respectable spouses, mates
and others) is permitted a butler, Tina has a choice between butler and
lady-in-waiting.

Again, as I have priced out operating costs vs. potential income from this
Kodak-hating crowd, we can only afford one chauffer and one chauffer-driven
Maybach 6.2. HOWEVER, in the graciousness of our hearts, each of you WILL be
allowed a company-paid personal car; to this end we have arranged with
Cadillac to supply three supercharged 4-cam V-8  STS-V saloon cars. If you
decline, you may choose alternative personal transport: a boat on the
canals.

> You might consider this as our "work flow time." ;-) Absolutely never on
> Saturday, Sunday, Monday morning nor Wednesday morning

Rejected out-of-hand. You will be allowed to say to management:
"Jamais le dimanche." C'est tout.

> Now considering no mention has been made of, shall we say... "compensation
> I'll leave this for the moment to give you a short time to mull it over,
> which I'm sure you'll return with an extremely generous offer of wages,
> bonuses and stock options.

Wot, are you outta your bl**ding mind? You guys get a vacation in dreamy
Nederland, all expenses covered - and lavishly - and you want to be PAID
into the bargain? You should consider yourselves very lucky indeed that we
don't charge you for the opportunity.

The issue of income taxes I leave to your collective senses of duty and
honor (assuming such to exist) and to the resourcefulness of Internal &
Inland Revenue.

Further deponent sayeth not.

S.

Replies: Reply from sethrosner at nycap.rr.com (Seth Rosner) ([Leica] Re:kodachrome NOW VOLUNTEERS!!! :-) - now paid mercenaries!)