Subject: Was RE: [Leica] DSLR choice - now Zeiss-Ikon
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Sun Jan 22 08:41:12 2006

So, somebody was rich enough to biopsy one and set fire to the bit that
came out - a good way for testing magnesium - take a big piece out if
you forgot your flash ;-)

I wonder if the airlines know that your R9s are a fire risk?
Take an R9 top plate, grind thoroughly, add potassium permanganate -
light the blue touchpaper and retire immediately.
The French resistance used a similar mixture for sabotaging railway
lines, and I'm sure nearly every schoolboy used to shave bits off his
pencil sharpener too.
Douglas