Subject: [Leica] Underexposure in Tungsten Light
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard S. Taylor)
Date: Mon Jan 16 09:59:59 2006

Luis - I had not considered this possibility.  Thanks.  I ran some
tests recently with Fuji Press 400 and found I got the least grainy,
best tonal range negatives when I derated the film between 1 and 2
stops.  The variation depended on whether or not the lamp was in, or
close to, the frame.  (And,  this was after making sure I wasn't
metering the lamp.)   Next time I think I'll try Fuji 800 at 400 or
maybe Fuji 1600 derated to 650 or so and see if either gives me
better results.

I may give P3200 another try eventually  but I'd like to stick with
C41-process films for now.