Subject: [Leica] Summitar and Elmar
From: gregj.lorenzo at shaw.ca (GREG LORENZO)
Date: Sat Jan 7 13:17:23 2006

This very issue was discussed rather extensively on the Lug back in early
October 2004.
Concensus of actual users of both systems that posted their opinions on the
Lug were pretty unanimous that the Nikon glass was rather good but the
camera did not compare favourably (build and ergonomics)with Leica's M3 or
M2 cameras.

This factor I suspect, along with Nikon's excellent SLR camera system is the
reason Nikon got out of the RF business.

Regards,

Greg