Subject: [Leica] Japanese paper reports Canon to take over Leica
From: summarex at hotmail.com (Javier Perez)
Date: Sat Dec 31 20:06:56 2005

Huh?
Who told you they make better lenses than Leitz?
L lenses are inferior to Leitz lenses (and Zeiss lenses)
both optically and mechanically. They may occasionally make a lens that
MTFs better, but they pay for it in other ways. They still can't compete
in the extreme WA area and my old 1966 90 Elmarit R makes better pics than
any
L zoom! Even the Japanese made Leica zooms are easily as good as L zooms.
As for L primes, you pay for speed not image quality. Sorry but L glass
represents
a triumph of astute marketing, not quality or design.

Javier

OK so maybe I would like to see what an IS Elmarit might be like.
But not like this!

Replies: Reply from phong at doan-ltd.com (Phong) ([Leica] Japanese paper reports Canon to take over Leica)