Subject: [Leica] Retro Blast... IIIA and a Summar
From: dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Wed Nov 30 04:49:36 2005

I'm not so sure I'd say it has bokeh I'd die for, but there is
something I like about the shots. I think it has more to do with the
series of expressions you captured than it does with the lens, but it
wasn't working against you :-)

Thanks. I don't think I've ever seen shots with a Summar and I've
always kind of wondered.

For a pocket camera, it's hard to beat one of these III's (c or f) and
a Elmar. I really didn't like the Elmar at first, but now I've learned
when to not even bother (for flare reasons) and concentrate on when it
feels good. It kind of brings out the childish excitement in me about
photography.

Light is beautiful today ... but I have to work and it'll be gone
before I'm finished.

Daniel