Subject: [Leica] Retro Blast... IIIA and a Summar
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard)
Date: Wed Nov 30 03:52:29 2005

Someone was selling a IIIA+Summar for the price of a IIIA. I was looking
for a Summar but not a LTM, and well, who can resist a bargain :-) Took 5
tries to load up the TMAX-100 that the seller thrown in (although I loaded
the 2nd roll the first try!) and I was shooting at F2 and F2.8 just to see
how the Summar performs. The thing flares like mad (does it glow....).
OTOH, the following pictures only have slight curve adjustment (lowering
the mid and dark points), USM micro contrast bump, clone stamps for dust
spots and nothing else.

http://www.dragonsgate.net/pub/richard/PICS/LeicaIIIa.11.29.05/

Not bad, not bad at all. Not too many things work this well after 70
years... TMAX-100 in DDX

...and Mark, just for you, I ordered another pouch of Tri X. Will use that
again when the DD-X runs out.

use richard at imagecraft.com)

Replies: Reply from dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings) ([Leica] Retro Blast... IIIA and a Summar)