Subject: [Leica] Retro Blast... IIIA and a Summar
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard)
Date: Wed Nov 30 08:27:36 2005

At 08:12 AM 11/30/2005, B. D. Colen wrote:

>The expressions are nice - but do we blame the gray pallor, the lack of
>contrast, the overall flatness, on the lens, the processing, or...;-0

The general grayness is.... NorCal in November. The lens definitely
contributes to the lack of contrast and flatness. It is after all an
ancient Summar at F2/2.8!! The film and the processing may have something
to do with it too since a) the seller threw in 5 rolls of "expired" film.
Since the package doesn't say when it expires, it may be really old film
indeed, and b) this is the first time I have used DDX on TMAX-100.

The expressions on the first born (which incidentally she just turned 15)
is priceless though as she has not smiled much for the camera for a couple
of years. Something about teenage angst or something. I don't understand
these things. I only accept them :-) and I think using this ancient camera
is so ridiculous to her that she can't help laughing about it.

use richard at imagecraft.com)

Replies: Reply from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] Retro Blast... IIIA and a Summar)
Message from bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] Retro Blast... IIIA and a Summar)