Subject: [Leica] Aperture on its way
From: wooderson at gmail.com (Matt Powell)
Date: Sun Nov 27 12:23:51 2005

On 11/27/05, Adam Bridge <abridge@gmail.com> wrote:
> It's on the Apple web site!
That's what I wondered, because I think they're trying to pull a fast one.

The only difference in a 17"PB of recent vintage and a dual-G4 is that
the PB has a 128MB graphics card that's capable of some of the new
tricks found in OS X Tiger (the ripples when you drop a widget and
such). Memory-wise and processor-wise, the dual should actually be
superior.

I suspect they're fudging the requirements to get people to buy a new
G5 machine - but they can't do that with PBs since they never
shoehorned in a G5.

I love my Apple, but boy do I find the company frustrating much of the time.

--
MP
wooderson@gmail.com

Replies: Reply from abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] Aperture on its way)