Subject: [Leica] Digital M futures
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard)
Date: Tue Nov 1 12:43:39 2005

As far as I understand, sensor cells just pick up light levels. Normally
the camera uses a Bayer Mosaic filter on top of the sensor to filter RGGB
info. So a "B&W" sensor would just mean eliminating the filter and use all
(10.x megapixel) as B&W data!

I think the real neat trick, if they can do it, is to have a sensor or
filter that mimic traditional B&W film tonal response. e.g. the long toe
and shadow of Tri X, for example. Mmmm....

use richard at imagecraft.com)

Replies: Reply from abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] Digital M futures)
Message from pmcc_2000 at yahoo.com (pmcc) ([Leica] Digital M futures)