Subject: [Leica] New Apple software, Aperture
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Thu Oct 20 20:20:19 2005

I'll take a serious look at it - although it's demands are  greater
than the system I presently own. Upgrading was on the schedule for
early 2006 (before the Intel shift).

I'd like to know a lot more about it.

Curiously I did an extensive telephone interview with Apple about
their Pro applications. I have had Final Cut Pro and DVD Studio Pro
since they first came out. And while the interview was supposedly
about them it seemed to me to be much more aimed at a Photoshop like
application. Now I know what they were driving at.

So I'm hoping that Apple might do some of their road-shows to show off
Aperture so I can decide if it will work for me.

I very much like working in RAW from start to finish. Apple certainly
knows everything there is to know about its rendering engine which,
I'm assuming, is how they get the speed- at the expense of
backing-store, there being no free lunches to be had in computer
performance.

I have a feeling that the last generation PowerPC machines are going
to be better than the first generation Intel machines. Although most
folks tell me I'm way off the beaten path on that one.

Oh well.

Adam