Subject: [Leica] Which scanner
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sat Oct 8 08:42:02 2005

At 03:49 AM 10/8/2005, you wrote:
>I'm sitting here trying to scan: I have an expensive Nikon 5000 with
>strip film roll film and slide options and boy is it frustrating.
>Perhaps I'm stupid, but its not as easy as others seem to make it
>out to be. Now with the flat bed, I've had none of these problems:
>the images are not as good, but the process does work.

Alastair -  The best way to scan slides and negatives with a film
scanner is to mount them in slide mounts that hold the film very
flat.  I've found that Gepe and Wess mounts work best.  With a bulk
scanner, you can set similarly exposed slides or negatives up to scan
40 or 50 at a time without any attention from you.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com

Replies: Reply from firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin) ([Leica] Which scanner)