Subject: [Leica] Which scanner
From: firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin)
Date: Sat Oct 8 00:37:00 2005

I'm sitting here trying to scan: I have an expensive Nikon 5000 with
strip film roll film and slide options and boy is it frustrating.
Perhaps I'm stupid, but its not as easy as others seem to make it out
to be. Now with the flat bed, I've had none of these problems: the
images are not as good, but the process does work.

Currently I cannot get the scanner to scan more than one image at a
time, and it seems it will only scan the first 2 images of a strip of 6
:( Rollei R3 film.)

So if I just wanted an image to put on the wall, the darkroom would be
faster by a mile ----- a country mile. But if I want to be on the web:
well I might have to resort to printing them and scanning with the
flatbed ;-)