Subject: [Leica] my favorite film....
From: firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin)
Date: Sat Oct 8 00:32:38 2005

One of the "joys" of photography over the years for me has been the
fact that there are sooooo many strange and wonderful contraptions
designed to make images, and you can even make one yourself. Then you
can do all the magic and produce images. Often with the minimal amount
invested in equipment. My "fear" is that photography is going the way
of the computer. There will be one Macrosoft (probably canon) who will
tell us what we want what we like and how we are to pay and receive it
and there "may" be smaller players, unable to finance any sort of
competition. You can make your own paper, chemicals etc, but film would
be hard: perhaps back to glass plates ;-) but without film and a choice
of emulsions much of the fun and variety of the hobby would be lost. I
understand what Doug is thinking.

Cheers