Subject: [Leica] A tourist photo, sort of--the vertical version
From: chandos at cox.net (Chandos Michael Brown)
Date: Wed Sep 14 16:31:46 2005

Thanks, all, for the kind comments; I've been writing more than
photographing the past few weeks, so it's great to make something other folk
like.

I made a vertical frame:

http://cmbrow.people.wm.edu/photography/New/ensignjones02.htm

This one didn't sing to me the way the horizontal exposure did.  The back
ground's a little more cluttered, and Preston doesn't isolate from Lance
(the Fife and Drum Corps leader with the baton) as nicely as I'd like. I was
banging these off very quickly while walking backwards and trying to keep an
eye out for tourist anachronisms.  I've a new respect for photojournalists
doing live action work--it's tough to take the whole of the VF in all at
once.

I'd be curious to know whether you agree with my selection of the horizontal
version over this one.

Again, thanks for the feedback.  I really appreciate it.

Cheers!

Chandos