Subject: [Leica] Leica IIIF Rangefinder restoring
From: dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Wed Aug 31 00:06:06 2005

This is true. That's how I lost my M3 viewfinder. It was returned with
an M6 viewfinder. They thought they were helping me out by giving me
35mm framelines, but along with the advantage came the disadvantage (a
terrible, terrible case of rangefinder-patch-white-out).

There's not much they would do to a IIIf. You already have
flash-synchronization, they can't put a IIIG viewfinder in it (and
don't complain if they do :-) ). Most likely they will replace the
shutter-curtains. No great cost.

You will have a warranty, from Leica, on your camera when it gets
back. If it was a camera I cared about and lived in Europe, I'd do it.

Daniel