Subject: [Leica] Canon Introduces 2 new digital SLR's
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed Aug 24 10:25:51 2005

By the way the Oregonian photographer had been just asked when I met him by
a guy in this restaurant, we were just outside on the sidewalk, about his
camera. And they guy in the restaurant wanted to trade in his own D2h for
something newer or better that he'd heard was out there now. He was asking
The Oregonian photographer what to get. The Oregonian photographer sent me
in to talk to the guy as he got the impression I might know. He didn't.
The Oregonian photographer had not heard of the D70, D50 or even the D2x
perhaps. He was not up on the latest cameras out or the cameras about to
come out newt week or next month.
He was too busy making photographs. He had deadlines every day.
I guess he imagined that when the images he was making with his D2H became a
technical embarrassment compared to the other photos in the paper someone
would tap him on the shoulder and tell him what camera to get on his way
home from work. And that's undoubtedly how he landed his present camera in
the first place.

This guy had no interest in cameras. His interest was in producing
photographs. Doing photography. On these lists it's mainly the opposite.

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon
http://rabinergroup.com/